NEWS & EVENTS
Upcoming 2018 Events
- 20th Annual Run For Shelter- June 16, 2018 at Creekside Park in New Bern- Registration begins at 7 am and the race will begin at 8 am. You can register for this race at www.runtheeast.com or here. Check out all of our remarkable sponsors here who rally behind our cause! This race is held on a USATF Certified course. This race will occur rain or shine and will only be postponed in the case of thunder. Participants can arrive early to enjoy their packet pick up between 7 AM - 7:45 AM. A proud thank you to the overwhelming number of participants and to our sponsors!
- Roaring 20's Harlem Gatsby Adult Prom- Saturday July 14, 2018. For more info visit here.
- 4th Annual Zumbathon- September 15, 2018 at the Havelock Tourist Center. More details to come.
- Business After Hours in partnership with The Double Tree- September 20, 2018. 5:30-7:00 pm. Downtown New Bern. Join us for a night of networking and introductions from all over the community!
- 2nd Annual Touch A Truck Plus- Sep 29, 2018. Date is tentative. More details to come.
- Pamlico Candlelight Vigil- Oct 2, 2018. 6 pm Pamlico Courthouse. More details to come.
- Jones County Vigil- October 18, 2018 at 6 pm. More details to come.
2018 Previous Events
- 6th Annual Fashion Show Sponsored By Peacocks Plume- March 8, 2018. New Bern Golf & Country Club. 5-7 pm. Hors D'Oeuvres and wine included. All Proceeds benefit CWS. Tickets can be bought at Peacocks's Plume or in our office at 1333 S Glenburnie Road. See media flyer Here. If you are interested in ad space or silent auction donation please fill out the tax deductible form here and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ad/Donation form here. Tickets can be bought online through paypal here.
- Easter Basket Drive- Ongoing. Please consider donating Easter basket items to our survivors dependents in need. See more information here.
- Roaring 20's Casino Night- This event has been postponed until further notice. We would like to take a moment to thank all of our remarkable supporters and give a huge thank you!
- We would like to give a big Thankyou to our sponsors for making this event successful.
Minges Pepsi Bottling Group
Double Tree By Hilton
Wilson Scarborough & Smith
Proud First time sponsor PNC Bank
Ward And Smith PA
Chevrolet, Volvo, & Lincoln of New Bern
- Walk A Mile in Her Shoes in Partnership with Promise Place- May 4, 2018. A non-profit fundraising event to benefit Craven County, Jones County, and Pamlico County's Domestic Violence Shelter (Coastal Women's Shelter) and Rape Crisis Center (Promise Place).
A one-mile walk through downtown New Bern, NC. Begin at the Union Point Park gazebo and follow the route
Participants should arrive between 5:00-5:30 PM to register and pick up t-shirt. Walk starts at 6:00 PM.Pre-registration is available via website: newbernwalksamile.weebly.com. See flyer here.
- Donor Thank you Luncheon- This luncheon is to say thank you for all of our CWS supporters. We are humbled at the amount of support we receive from the community and we cannot wait to say Thank you! More details to come. May 24, 2018. Thank you to Outback Steak House of New Bern, PNC Bank, Publix, and Harris Teeter- you all have hearts of gold.
Previous 2017 Events
- Helping Hands Boutique Ribbon Cutting. See flyer here.
- Mumfest October 14th-15th: Come out to our Information booth and learn about our services!
- Chili Fest October 20th-21st: Come out to our Information booth and learn about our services!
- Pamlico County Vigil - October 11th at 6 pm at the Pamlico County Courthouse. Flyer Here.
- Craven County Vigil - October 27th at 12 pm at the Craven County Courthouse. Flyer Here.
- Jones County Vigil - October 19 at 6 pm at the Jones County Courthouse. Flyer Here.
- Touch A Truck Plus- November 19 10 am-3 pm at Pamlico Community College. Touch a Truck Plus is an educational community event that will provide children with a hands on opportunity to see and touch heavy machinery and meet the people who build, protect and serve the Pamlico community. Kids of all ages will be able to explore vehicles such as a fire engine, emergency vehicles, a Vietnam helicopter, construction, agriculture, transportation, school bus, bulldozer, potential race cars, off-road vehicles, sports cars, dragsters, motorcycles, and classic cars. We will have bounce houses, face painting, vendors, crafts, demonstrations, and food trucks available for attendees as well. Flyer here. Vendor, Non Profit, and equipment registration here.
- Belk's Charity Day- Saturday November 4 at the New Bern Belk Store 6 AM- 10 PM. This Charity sale is a private 4 hour sale dedicated to supporting local non-profit organizations. Dont forget to pick your tickets up at Coastal Women's Shelter or at Belk the day of (just make sure to look for Coastal Women's Shelter)! Front page Flyer Here. Back page Flyer Here. You can also buy your tickets Saturday October 28 from 12-2 pm at the Belk Store of New Bern NC.
- 3rd Annual Driving Out Domestic Violence Charity Golf Tournament- The tournament drew in 72 golfers in its first year. Funds generated by the tournament will be used to help our clients establish homes free from domestic violence. The tournament will take place Aug 6, 2017. Please see our flyer and registration form. You may also register online @ www.active.com.
- 3rd Annual Zumbathon- Join us as for our 3rd Annual Zumbathon! This highly anticiapted event is a proud partnership with the Havelock Police Department! Tickets can be purchased at the Havelock Rec Center or at our office located at 1333 S Glenburnie Road.
Get ready for some of the top instructors to knock your socks off with this exciting event! Lets dance it up purple, so dont forget to wear your favorite purple gear and support our fight against domestic violence. Can you guess what the first 50 people will receive?! See our flyer here.
- 2017 Annual Run For Shelter- Our our 19th Annual Run for Shelter 5K, 10K, Virtual Run & 1 Mile race/walk fundraiser scheduled for Saturday, June 17, 2017. Please see our flyer and registration form. You can register in person at Coastal Sole of New Bern, in person at Coastal Women's Shelter, or at www.active.com.
- Beer Army Fundraiser- On Thursday July 6, from 11am-10 pm stop by Beer Army of New Bern for your favorite dish. By simply dining out or ordering to go, you can help benefit Coastal Women's Shelter and individuals living a life free of domestic violence. Check out their tasty menu at www.beerarmy.com.
- Volunteer Seminar- Our volunteers are an integral part of our driving force against domestic violence. With their help, we are able to accomplish so much more. We are always in need of volunteers at our Helping Hands Boutique. CWS will be hosting a volunteer informational seminar on July 7 from 8am-10am. If you are interested in attending, please fill out our volunteer form on this web page or contact Coastal Women's Shelter directly. For more information please see our flyer.
- Belk's Charity Day- April 29th at the New Bern Belk Store. This Charity sale is a private 4 hour sale dedicated to supporting local non-profit organizations. See our flyer here and dont forget to pick your tickets up at Coastal Women's Shelter or at Belk the day of (just make sure to look for Coastal Women's Shelter)!
- Pamlico County Meet & Greet- Tuesday May 16 @ 5:30 pm. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet our new domestic violence advocate for Pamlico County. We look forward to better serving our community and strengthening relations with our neighbors and friends, So come out and join us! Our meet and greet will take place at the Delamar building at the college located in Grantsboro. Please see our flyer.
- Coastal Women's Shelter & Beer Army Fundraising Day- On Thursday July 6, come and support Coastal Women's Shelter while enjoying a tasty burger at Beer Army. A percentage of proceeds from sales will assist and serve individuals battling domestic violence. You may visit Beer Army's website at www.beerarmy.com.
2016 Previous Events:
- The Fellowship: Bright Friday - The Fellowship was such a blessing to sponsor five of our clients and their families to a BRIGHT FRIDAY presentation of gifts and dinner. We are truly appreciative for the love, support, assistance, and guidance they have shown to us and most importantly, our clients.
- Domestic Violence Tree Dedication: Havelock Police Dept November 18th: 11 am- 12 pm - A tree was planted in front of the Havelock Police Department to honor the victims and survivors of Domestic Violence.
- Mumfest November 12th-13th: Come out to our Information booth and learn about our services!
- Jones County Vigil - November 2nd at 6 pm at the Jones County Courthouse.
- Charity Day At Belk's - November 5th
- Helping Hands Boutique Yard Sale - November 5th from 8 am to 2 pm.
- Craven County Vigil - October 28th at 12 pm at the Craven County Courthouse.
- Pamlico County Vigil - October 21st at 12 pm at the Pamlico County Library.
- Zumbathon- September 10th: 10 am-12 pm at the Havelock Recreation Center- Hosted by The Havelock Police Department- Refreshments* Door Prizes*Raffle
- Back To School Supply Drive - Help provide students with the tools they need to succeed. CWS will be accepting supply donations until August 17th. Should you have any questions contact Ashley Shivar 252-638-4509 . See flyer for more details!
- The Safe Nest Project: August 11th 5-7 pm: Isaac Taylor Garden in beautiful downtown New Bern. Charity auction featuring birdhouses painted by local Artists! See flyer. Please email cwsfundd@coastalwomen'sshelter.net for your artist registration form or call Kathy 252-638-4509. Music provided by local artist Dan Phillips! Birdhouses due July 31st!
- 18th Annual Run For Shelter 5K, 10K, & 1 Mile: June 11th: 7am at Creekside Park in New Bern- Registration begins at 7 am and the race will begin at 8 am. Race routes for 5K and 10K available here! You can register online through active.com or mail in your registration. All three distances are newly USATF certified. Tee shirt pick up 7:am to 7:45am the day of the race and are included with the registration fees. Awards will be given (5 and 10K only) to the overall male and female winners, as well as to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place males and females in each age group. Advanced registration is preferred but day of registration will be available (day of shirts with registration is limited). To guarantee a shirt, registration is required by May 27th at 4 pm. Sponsorship's are available - click here to learn more! Registration, via in-person, via mail or online, prices are as follows: Advanced registration up until May 11: $20 - 1 mile walk/run or $25 - 5K or 10K Advanced registration up until June 10: $24 - 1 mile walk/run or $30 - 5K or 10K Day of registration on June 11: $28 - 1 mile walk/run or $35 - 5K or 10K.
- Pickleball: June 4th, 8:30 AM at the Havelock Recreation Center. See flyer for details! What is Pickleball??? A paddle sport created for all ages and skill levels. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players.It is a very fun sport combining many elements of tennis,badminton & ping pong.It is played with a paddle and a plastic ball similar to a wiffle ball. It can be played indoors or outdoors on a badminton-size court with a slightly modified tennis net.
- Sisters to Sisters Brunch : May 26th 10-2 pm at the Harrison Center 311 Middle Street New Bern. See Flyer. Please register in advance with Cynthia Miller at Coastal Women's Shelter. This is an afternoon of inspirational testimonies by women of overcoming barriers, a wonderful chance to support, motivate & inspire other women.
- Financial Literacy Seminar: May 21st 11-2 pm at the Jones County NC Works Center (509 Hwy 58N Trenton NC) Please see flyer for further details. Brought to you through the New Choices Program, In partnership with North Carolina Council for Women, Family Violence Prevention & United Way of Coastal Carolina.
- 3rd Annual "WalkaMileinHerShoes"- May 6th at Union Park in New Bern; starts 6PM -HOSTED BY CRAVEN EARLY COLLEGE! Please visit the website : cecwalksamile.weebly.com for more information.
- Belk's Charity Day-April 30th at the New Bern Belk Store. This Charity sale is a private 4 hour sale dedicated to supporting local non-profit organizations.
- Precious Purses - March 2016 hosted by New Bern Women's Club. We have had over 500 purses donated so far!
- Zaxby's Fundraiser Night - March 23rd from 5 to 8 pm. 10% of all sales benefited CWS when dining in at Zaxby's at 2006 S. Glenburnie Road in New Bern.
- 2nd Annual Driving Out Domestic Violence Golf Tournament - April 11th at Carolina Colours Golf Club in New Bern. Four person scramble format. Prizes include 1st, 2nd, 3rd place teams, longest drive & closest to the pin and a chance for a Hole-in-one prize provided by Cella Ford. See poster for more details. * Tournament Survey *
- 4th Annual Spring Fashion Show - April 14th at New Bern Golf and Country Club. Sponsored by Peacock's Plume & South Front to benefit Coastal Women's Shelter.
- Helping Hands Boutique Yard Sale - April 16th from 8 am to 2 pm.
To sign up for our quarterly newsletter & occasional Event Info blasts, CLICK HERE!