100% confidentiality is maintained for every client by all of our staff. The identities, locations, and situations will never be revealed. This applies to all of the programs and services that our agency offers in Craven, Jones, and Pamlico counties.
- Crisis Hotline 252.638.5995: Our crisis line is open 24/7/365. Call for help, information, or a listening ear.
- Court Advocacy and Assistance: The goal of the advocacy program is to inform clients of their options and to help them through an individualized plan that is safe and effective. We help navigate through the often-complex legal and court system and accompany clients as they seek orders of protection. Our advocates help clients find resources from community and government agencies and work with law enforcement to find the best solutions to secure their safety.
- Safe House: Our shelter, located in a quiet residential neighborhood, provides a safe haven from violence and a place to heal from domestic violence. Women and children who stay at the house have a welcoming place to plan for the future. Our staff members help clients create plans to find housing and employment. They also receive guidance in developing positive child/parent interaction. All of our services are tailored to the specific needs of each safe house resident.
- Domestic Violence Support Groups: These groups, offered in each county, provide women with the opportunity to share their experiences and learn strategies by talking with others with similar backgrounds. A certified counselor leads the supports groups. Childcare is provided, and the group is free of charge. It is open to anyone who has experienced domestic violence.
- Community Awareness and Education: Through speaking engagements, teaching opportunities, distributing literature, fundraising events, and collaboration with other community organizations, we seek to increase knowledge and understanding of the causes and effects of domestic violence. We also hope to increase awareness of the availability of our services.
- New Choices Program: The New Choices Program is a life skills and career development course for women and men who desire personal growth and change. This program consists of six sessions that cover a variety of personal growth and career development topics. For more information click here to see the NCP brochure or contact Cynthia Miller, New Choices Coordinator at 252.68.4509 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Referrals and Information: Please call us for information about domestic violence and prevention services or to attain a referral to another community of government agency.
- Sexual Assault: If you or a loved one have been affected by sexual assault, please contact Promise Place in New Bern. They are the local advocacy agency for victims of sexual assault, providing a range of therapeutic and advocacy services. 252-636-3381