CWS relies on donations from our community to help keep the Safe House and on boarding clients well supplied. These donations help our clients establish new households once they have escaped their abusers in addition to our everyday safe house demands. At the current moment, we are no longer able to accept clothing. We are truly in need of every other type of donation due to the hurricane and the holidays.
- Adopt A Family- Please consider adopting a family through our agency this holiday season. There are many families who will find joy in your ability to add a little holiday sparkle and answer a Christmas wish. If you are interested in adopting a family, please contact Ashley Shivar at 252-638-4509. You may also pick a special family from Morgans Tavern & Grill located in downtown New Bern. All families for adoption will be available on their Morgans Christmas Tree. For the first time ever in CWS history, our adopt a family drive is being sponsored by Chevrolet of New Bern. Chevrolet of New Bern is a continuous supporter of CWS and its mission. This year, Chevrolet of New Bern along with GM will be gifting our families with almost $4000.00 in gifts. We are beyond humbled to receive this grant from GM and it would not be possible without Chevrolet of New Berns support. We have a tremendous amount of families to help in our areas, and your gesture could go further than you think. Gifting an entire family who has nothing and endured tremendous trauma or danger will give them a chance at Christmas they could remember for a lifetime. SEE FLYER HERE.
Ongoing needs of new and unopened items include:
CWS is always in need of pantry goods. Here are a few of our "regular" pantry items:
Cream of chicken, mushroom, etc
Canned beans of any sort- ie red, Lima, pinto, navy, baked, black, etc
Boxed dinner kits- ie hamburger helper etc
Children’s lunch box items
Beef or chicken broth
Pasta sauces of any sort
Apple Sauce of any sort
Bread mixes- ie pancake, regular, corn, muffin
Children's canned goods- ie SpaghettiO's, chicken soup, chicken & stars, etc
Macaroni & cheese
August-September has a very high need for lunch box items as children return to school during these months.
September- October is always a time we begin our Halloween candy drive. In addition to delivering something special to our clients children, Coastal Women's Shelter has a higher involvement in community outreach programs and events. Halloween candy is a special commodity we can always use. We also hope for children's Halloween costumes- every bit helps.
October- January is a valuable time for holiday dinner items. All donated items are disbursed to our clients and safe house in 3 counties. We have a tremendous need for "staple holiday pantry items". In addition to the above items, we are always grateful for: Turkeys, hams, bacon, stuffing, fresh produce, canned pie fillings, carnation milk, spices, canned yams, butter, Velveeta cheese, marshmallows, vanilla extract, etc.
In addition to regular pantry items, we also have an ongoing need for the following items:
* Laundry Detergent
* Gift cards for gasoline, groceries, etc.
* Rubbing alcohol, band-aids, first aid items
* Trash bags (all sizes)
* Plastic cups, plates, & utensils
* Paper towels
* Women's Makeup
* Fabric softener & dryer sheets
* Powder & liquid dishwasher detergent
* Antibacterial spray
* Air freshener
* Tampons & Sanitary pads
* Ibuprofen & Aspirin
* Combs & Brushes
* Children's cough, cold, flu medicine
* Hair care products
* Ethnic hair products
* Baby food
* Childrens Undergarments
* Womens Undergarments
* Baby wash & lotion
* Hand soap
* Toilet paper
* Diapers (Size 3, 5, and 6)
* Pull- Ups
* Baby wipes
* Antibacterial ointment
* Deodorant & antiperspirant- men & women
* Toothbrushes & toothpaste
* Facial tissue
* Body Sprays
* First aid kits
* Shampoos & conditioners
* Cleaning supplies
* Men's Shaving Cream & Razors
* Light bulbs (all sizes)
* Storage bags (all sizes)
* Batteries (all sizes)
* Office Supplies
* Soap & body wash- men and women
* Plastic wrap & aluminum foil
* Birthday cards and gift wrap/ Birthday party decor
August-September has a very high need for back to school items.
September- October brings hope for children's Halloween costumes- every bit helps.
October- January is a valuable time for holiday items. All donated items are disbursed to our clients and safe house in 3 counties. We have a tremendous need for Christmas decor, Christmas trees, lights, ornaments, wrapping paper, children's gifts, and gifts for women.
Every year we are blessed with our Operation Pajama Drive. This drive collects children's and women's pajamas. These items can be dropped off at our main office. In addition to Operation Pajama Drive, we also host Adopt A Family. This is a chance for our community to adopt a client and fulfill their Christmas wish. If you are interested in gifting a family with your kindness or contributing to the pajama drive, please call our office and speak to Ashley Shivar at 252-638-4509.